Hands-on experience, course credits, networking, and more!
Would you like to consult on early-stage start-ups formed from Duke research while gaining course credit and real-world experience? Duke’s New Venture’s Group is looking for exceptional individuals with a passion for entrepreneurship to become the next New Venture Fellows.
Join in conversations with leading faculty discussing the future of innovation and entrepreneurship at Duke. As a fellow, you’ll
- Work closely with faculty, staff, and experienced serial entrepreneurs
- Commercialize and bring to market cutting-edge technology
- Network with innovators and Duke faculty from across industries
- Contribute to high-level conversations, attend invite-only guest speakers, and join founder pitch sessions
Duke’s Office of Translation & Commercialization(OTC) is the technology transfer arm of Duke University and the Duke University Medical Center. OTC manages invention disclosures, licensing agreements, and patents from all schools and colleges at Duke. It is where Duke innovations connect with industrial, entrepreneurial, legal and investment resources to create the partnerships necessary to get Duke ideas off the ground into the market. Here, ideas, innovations, and technologies are brought to life bringing real value and benefit to society.
Part of a broader initiative to better equip innovators and entrepreneurs coming out of Duke’s academic community, OTC’s New Venture Fellows Program will partner Duke innovators and entrepreneurs from the academic community with industry experts and business mentors, including Fuqua students. The goal of the New Venture Fellows Program is to facilitate growth and development of promising new ideas.
This goal is achieved by:
- Increasing the partnership for promising Duke innovators and entrepreneurs with expert mentorship and advice
- Pairing knowledgeable business students with founders of innovative Duke technologies to promote commercialization of their ideas/technologies
- Developing a structured 10-week program that takes companies from ideation to commercialization
- Increasing the number of new start-up companies coming out of OTC
On-campus info session: Tuesday, 4/2, at 5:30–6:30 PM in Sauer Classroom
Resume Deadline: Friday 4/5
Through what department and course number do the students earn credit?
Through the Mentored study program:
Is it over a Fuqua term or Duke semester? How many credits?
Duke semester (2 Fuqua Terms) 3 credits total.
Does it count against the experiential learning credit limit?