Will I be able to share materials, research tools or intellectual property with others to further their research?

Yes. However it is important to document items that are to be shared with others and the conditions of use. If you wish to send materials to an outside collaborator, an outgoing Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) should be completed for this purpose. It also may be necessary to have a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) completed to protect your research results or intellectual property. All MTAs are handled by the Office of Research Contracts. However if you plan to discuss your invention with a third party, please contact your OTC licensing specialist to discuss whether an NDA is needed.