- This event has passed.
Translational Research Grant: NC Biotech Center
August 23 @ 12:00 pm
The Translational Research Grant (TRG) program funds projects that explore commercial applications or initiate the early commercial development of university-held life sciences inventions. The technology must have the potential to solve a real-world problem as a commercial product in the life sciences sector.
Goals of the TRG program:
- Transform basic research discoveries into product-focused translational research development
- Generate data that addresses important product development milestones, addresses the concerns of potential licensees or investors, or otherwise de-risks the technology for a specific commercial application
- Enable strategic “go/no-go” decision-making regarding further technology development or pursuit of intellectual property protection
- Enable technology licensing efforts by the university
- Establish goal-oriented partnerships between university scientists, product development professionals, and key stakeholders
Proposals will be evaluated on the composition of the project team, including a project manager, and the setting of relevant, realistic, and achievable milestones during the product development tasks. See the guidelines for details.
Applicants must be researchers employed by North Carolina-based universities or nonprofit research institutes. Technical projects may be conducted at awardee institutions or outsourced to contract research organizations.
Wednesday, August 23, 2023 (noon)
Wednesday, January 31, 2024 (noon)
(with project manager supplement)
(without project manager supplement)
TRG application instructions can be found here: https://www.ncbiotech.org/funding/grants/translational-research-grant
TRG FAQs can be found here: www.ncbiotech.org/grant-faq