June 3 - August 24
NC Biotechnology Center Translational Research Grant
The Translational Research Grant (TRG) program funds projects that explore commercial applications or initiate the early commercial development of university-held life sciences inventions. The technology must have the potential to solve a real-world problem as a commercial product in the life sciences sector.
The goals of the TRG program are:
- Transform basic research discoveries into product-focused translational research development
- Generate data that addresses important product development milestones, addresses the concerns of potential licensees or investors, or otherwise de-risks the technology for a specific commercial application
- Enable strategic “go/no-go” decision-making regarding further technology development and/or pursuit of intellectual property protection
- Enable technology licensing efforts by the university
- Establish goal-oriented partnerships between university scientists, product development professionals, and key stakeholders
Applicants must be researchers employed by North Carolina-based universities or nonprofit research institutes. Technical projects may be conducted at awardee institutions or outsourced to contract research organizations.
Up to $100,000 may be requested for the technical and business development activities. An additional $10,000 supplement is available to support a project manager if one is unavailable through the applicant institution.
Pre-submission consultations are strongly recommended.
Deadline: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 (noon)
Read more and learn how to apply here.