- This event has passed.
Empower: Celebrating Women Academic Entrepreneurship
April 26 @ 11:00 am - April 28 @ 3:30 pm$25
Princeton University will host Empower 2023, a global conference and pitch competition celebrating women academic entrepreneurs on April 26-28 online.
The Empower conference promotes diversity, equity and inclusion by celebrating and empowering academic entrepreneurs who are committed to these efforts, including those from historically underrepresented groups. You are welcome to attend the entire conference and pitch competition or any portions that are of particular interest to you. Each of the three days focuses on important phases of a startup’s journey: Day one on launching; day two on funding; and day three on scaling.
Of particular interest is the technology transfer discussion with:
- Megan Aanstoos, Licensing and New Ventures Manager, Kentucky Commercialization Ventures
- Almesha Campbell, Assistant Vice President for Research and Economic Development, Jackson State University
- Lisa Mueller, Shareholder, Casimir Jones
- Grant Warner, Inaugural Director, Center for Black Entrepreneurship
Among our other high profile speakers:
- Julia Boorstin, Senior Media & Tech Reporter, CNBC, and bestselling author of When Women Lead: What We Achieve, Why We Succeed and What We Can Learn From Them
- Kate Goodall, Co-Founder and CEO, Halcyon
- Katie Rae, CEO and Managing Partner, The Engine
- Craig B. Arnold, Vice Dean for Innovation, Princeton University
The Empower 2023 Pitch Competition on April 27 will feature over $135,000 of cash and in-kind prizes for the winners, including a first-place cash prize of $100K and a bundle of in-kind legal services. Your ticket for Empower includes admission to the Pitch Competition.
Empower is a Princeton University entrepreneurship conference hosted by Princeton Entrepreneurship Council, part of Princeton’s Office of the Dean for Research and a partner of Princeton Innovation. For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Don Seitz, Princeton University.
Open to the public. Please share with your research, innovation and entrepreneurship colleagues!
Learn more and buy tickets at empower.princeton.edu.
Empower 2023: Celebrating Women Academic Entrepreneurs