- This event has passed.
Call for Proposals – Translational Research Grants from NC Biotech Center
Deadline: Wednesday, February 1, 2023 (noon)
The Translational Research Grant (TRG) program funds projects that explore commercial applications or initiate the early commercial development of university-held life sciences inventions.
The goals of the TRG program include:
- Transforming research discoveries into product-focused translational research development
- Generating data that addresses important product development milestones, addresses the concerns of potential licensees or investors, or de-risks the technology for a specific commercial application
- Enabling strategic “go/no-go” decision-making regarding further technology development or the pursuit of intellectual property protection
- Enabling technology licensing efforts by the university
- Establishing goal-oriented partnerships between university scientists, product development professionals, and key stakeholders
Applicants must be researchers employed by North Carolina-based universities or nonprofit research institutes. Technical projects may be conducted at awardee institutions or outsourced to contract research organizations.
Up to $100,000 may be requested for technical and business development activities. An additional $10,000 supplement is available to support a project manager if one is unavailable through the applicant institution.
Pre-submission consultations are strongly recommended.
Award Announcements: June 2023